Saturday, February 16, 2013


The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison

This is a coffee sipping, slow reading book.  This book begs you to sit down and take it slow, to hear her story and ponder your own.  Her words left me inspired and moved.  Being a mother isn't always easy and this mother says it with such grace.  She explores those areas of her heart that aren't ready to let go and brings the reader.  As I read it, I found myself exploring those areas in my heart.  Kenison is full of thoughtful insight and she writes with a deep beauty.  I left this book ready to love more deeply, not just my family but those around me my friends and neighbors,  The cast of characters that make up my life.  I was reminded to be thankful for the ordinary moments that so fleetingly disappear.  I am often conflicted between my role at home and my desire to change the world, the whole world, but Kenison reminded me over and over that it is in embracing my role in my home that I am changing the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment